Position/Title: Associate Professor of Monogastric Nutrition (McIntosh Family Professorship in Poultry Nutrition)
Phone: (519) 824-4120 ext. 53746
Office: ANNU 226
Feeding strategies to enhance gut health and function
Perinatal nutrition for stronger skeletal growth in early life to improve later life productivity, skeletal integrity, and welfare
Feedstuffs evaluation and processing
Graduate Student Information
We have access to advanced poultry research facilities ranging from isolator units for specific pathogen studies, hatchery to modular barns for any scale of poultry nutrition research. The Department of Animal Biosciences has more than 30 faculty members with a range of expertise to draw upon. Students have access to the state of the art instrumentations for high-throughput genomics, spectrometry, chromatography, microscopy, microfluidics, cell culture, and advanced nutrition analytics. All these provide an excellent training environment for graduate students in terms of modern facilities, a large cohort of graduate students, a large pool of expertise to serve in graduate advisory committees and faculty to interact with in a well-organized graduate program.
Current research team:
- Felix Muchiri (VIRS MSc., University of Nairobi; Kenya)
- Juan Sanchez MSc.
- Hannah Facey MSc.
- Alison Gelinas MSc.
- Aline Pereira MSc.
- Anastasia Tsementzis MSc.
- Colin De Cloet MSc.
- Emily Kim PhD
- Munene Kithama PhD; Co-advised Dr. Moussa S. Diarra
- Lisa Hodgins PhD
- Aizwarya Thanabalan PhD
- Philip Mak PhD; Co-advised Dr. Moussa S. Diarra
- Junhyung Lee PhD
- Reza Bakhshalinejad PhD
- Anderson Maina PhD
- Cuilan (Julia) Zhu (Research Tech.)
- Veronica Cheng (Research Asst.)
- Veronica Cheng, MSc., 2020-2021
- Zipporah Mwaniki, MSc., 2017-2019: Research Asst., 2019-2021
- Funmilola Adeola Alabi, (VIRS PhD, North-West Uni.; South Africa), 2019-2021
- Dr. Mohsen Mohammadigheisar, PDF, 2017-2021
- Dr. Reza Akbari Moghaddam Kakhki, PhD, 2017-2021
- Dr. Youngji Rho, MSc., 2015-2017; PhD, 2017-2021
- Aline Pereira, (VIRS DVM, Federal Uni. Paraná; Brazil), 2019-2020
- Dr. Tanka Khanal, PhD, 2017-2020
- Alisha Mills, (nee. Wornath-Vanhumbeck), MSc., 2016-2020
- Aizwarya Thanabalan, MSc., 2017-2019
- Ilona Parenteau, MSc., 2017-2019
- Dr. Neijat Mohamed, PDF, 2017-2019
- Dr. Zhuang Lu, (VIRS PhD, Nanjing Agri. Uni.; China), 2018
- Haley Leung, MSc., 2016-2018
- Emily Kim, MSc., 2016-2018